The Exe Valley practice Patient Participation Group (PPG)
- Are you interested in finding out more about The Exe Valley Practice?
- Would you like to influence the development of local health services?
The Patient Participation Group as a self-organising and patient-led forum, set up with the aim to improve communication between the practice and its patients.
We want to involve as wide a cross-section of our community as we can and to hear what you have to say.
Our Key Tasks and Objectives are to:
For more information contact:
Chair Exe Valley practice PPG
Patient Participation is:
Patients working with the practice to:
- contribute to the continuous improvement of services;
- foster improved communication between the practice and its patients;
- help patients to take more responsibility for their health;
- and provide practical support and help to implement change.
Varied to suit local needs:
- Every group determines its own activities according to the needs of its community and the practice itself.
- Every PPG is unique, evolving to meet local needs and working with their practice to offer the patient perspective on the services that are provided.
Based on co-operation
- PPGs work by building a relationship between the practice and its patients that breaks down barriers and shares information.
- PPGs can develop to influence the wider NHS, most notably the decisions that are made on behalf of patients about the services that are to be available to them.
Patient Participation is not:
- A forum for complaints
- A fund-raising organisation
- A time-consuming activity